Assignment: Teaching-learning Principles.
Teaching Project Guidelines:
The patient/family teaching project’s goal is to create and implement a teaching plan for a geriatric patient using teaching-learning principles.
The students will be able to: – State the various indications for a specific diet – Explain the scientific rationale for a prescribed diet by the end of the presentation
– Describe diet-appropriate food/fluid restrictions or food/fluids encouraged to meet nutritional needs.
– Explain how to present a brief nutritional education plan to a patient and family with cultural differences.
– Use current research on the nutrition topic.
– For essential criteria, use the teaching experience rubric.
– The paper should be 3-5 pages long (not including title page and references).
– The paper must be typed and formatted in APA style.
– At least two references are required (EBSCOhost).
You should proofread your paper. However, do not rely solely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part, and your grade will suffer as a result. Papers with a high number of misspelled words and grammatical errors will be penalized. Before submitting your paper, go over it in silence and then aloud, and make any necessary changes. It is often beneficial to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Uncorrected mistakes are preferable to handwritten corrections.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point typeface (10 to 12 characters per inch). Smaller or compressed type, as well as papers with narrow margins or single spacing, are difficult to read. It is preferable to allow your essay to exceed the recommended number of pages rather than attempting to compress it into fewer pages.
Large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are also unacceptable, waste trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced, and have a one-inch margin on all four sides of each page. When submitting hard copies, use white paper and print with dark ink. It will be difficult to follow your argument if it is difficult to read your essay.