Discussion: Nursing Core Competency
Professional Paper Worksheet
The goal of this assignment is for the student to demonstrate good organization, appropriate resources, and proper APA formatting when preparing a professional paper.
This assignment allows the student to meet the course outcomes listed below.
CO #3.Exhibit effective verbal, written, and technological communication while adhering to legal and ethical standards for knowledge transfer while utilizing success resources made available to Chamberlain students.
CO #4. Integrate critical thinking and decision-making in professional decision-making in collaboration with faculty and peers. (PO#4)
CO #5: Use professionalism concepts when planning personal, intellectual, and professional development. (PO#5)
CO #9. Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional development by assessing information and technology competence,
implementing plans for upgrading technology skills, and employing effective strategies for online student success using Chamberlain resources. (PO#5)
Please submit the assignment to theWeek3Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT.
This assignment is worth 125 points.
PROFESSIONAL PAPER WORKSHEET PREPARATION
1. Read this document (Professional Paper Worksheet Guidelines) carefully, including theRubric.
2. Open Doc Sharing and download the Professional Paper WorksheetTemplate.
Change the name of the document to Your Last NameProfessional Paper Worksheet.docx, for example, Smith Professional Paper Worksheet. Save it to your own computer or drive in a location where you can find it later.
3. Enter your assignment directly into the saved template.
Keep in mind that only the Microsoft Word 2010oralater version is acceptable.
The file must be saved as a.docx.
Save frequently to avoid losing your work.
4. Remember the Nurse of the Future Nursing Core Competency you chose for your Professional Paper Topic in Week 1 Time Management Plan assignment.
5. Locate the pages in your Hood textbook that correspond to the topic of your paper. TIP: Start with the syllabus.
6. Locate the week in the Syllabus when your topic is covered. Navigate to the Week’s Assignments page. To access the assigned article for your paper topic, click on the link. Please read the article. Please use the article assigned to you based on your topic.
7. Create an APA reference for the assigned article.
8. Choose a 10-25-word quotation from that article to use in your Professional Paper. Do not choose words or ideas attributed to another source by the author(s). Provide the citation and quotation in proper APA format.
9. the passage from which you previously quoted Provide your paraphrase and citation in proper APA format.
10. Create a detailed outline for your Professional Paper using the Template (specific topics only, complete sentences not needed). NOTE: The Professional Paper will have a word count of 500-600.
11. Before submitting your answers, double-check them against the rubric.
You should proofread your paper. However, do not rely solely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part, and your grade will suffer as a result. Papers with a high number of misspelled words and grammatical errors will be penalized. Before submitting your paper, go over it in silence and then aloud, and make any necessary changes. It is often beneficial to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Uncorrected mistakes are preferable to handwritten corrections.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point typeface (10 to 12 characters per inch). Smaller or compressed type, as well as papers with narrow margins or single spacing, are difficult to read. It is preferable to allow your essay to exceed the recommended number of pages rather than attempting to compress it into fewer pages.
Large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are also unacceptable, waste trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. It will be difficult to follow your argument if it is difficult to read your essay.